Symposium Aim & Objectives
The symposium aims to provide an international multidisciplinary platform for discussion and debate among health care providers, policy makers, academics, and researchers on contemporary strategies and issues in evidence-informed health care and policy formulation.
- To facilitate opportunities for networking, collaboration and exchange of ideas with internationally renowned leaders and experts in evidence-based practice and education.
- To debate and identify gaps and priority areas for evaluating research- and practice-based innovations in optimising multidisciplinary and complex health care.
- To share new initiatives, strategies and challenges in achieving improved global health protection, better patient outcomes, and greater satisfaction among health care workers.
- To examine and discuss the role of systematic reviews in supporting health care and service delivery.n practices.
- To explore and discuss challenges and opportunities in the new era for health care innovation and evidence-informed health care and policy formulation.
- Knowledge synthesis
- Knowledge translation and communication of evidence
- Evidence-informed health care
- Evidence-based health policy and leadership in health care
- Review methodologies and advanced research methodologies
- Contemporary issues and challenges in achieving collaboration in best practice
- To enable participants to understand and interpret systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
- To equip participants with knowledge and skills in understanding and using Cochrane Reviews.
LANGUAGE OF SYMPOSIUM
The official language of the symposium is English.
Dr Fiona TANG
The Nethersole School of Nursing
Faculty of Medicine
6/F, Esther Lee Building, Chung Chi College
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3943 4235
Fax: (852) 2603 5269
Symposium website: http://1stcochranehksym.nur.cuhk.edu.hk/